In addition to being specialized in the production of low voltage cables, ELAN has been the market leader for many years with its batteries for the safety sector.
In addition to the various twisted shielded PVC alarm cables, fire-resistant cables, data cables and coaxial cables, the company markets rechargeable lead-acid batteries and high-quality lithium batteries under the BIGBAT brand.
In this article we want to focus on lead acid rechargeable batteries (VRLA).
BIGBAT lead acid (VRLA) rechargeable batteries are designed to provide outstanding performance in withstanding overcharge, over discharge, and resisting vibration and shock. BIGBAT VRLA batteries utilize pasted lead-calcium plates with the electrolyte in the battery held captive in an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) separator located between the plates that immobilizes the electrolyte in the cell. AGM separator material is a highly porous, absorbent micro fiberglass mat mixed with polymer fibers that immobilizes the electrolyte and creates a situation where a spill of electrolyte is highly unlikely.
The main construction features of the BIGBAT rechargeable batteries, both in the Standard and in the Long Life versions, are the following:
- The construction is absoluted sealed so batteries can be used quietly as there is no chance that electrolyte could exit.
- It is not necessary to add anything as batteries produced themselves water so the electrolyte remains steady during the time.
- The temperature of usage can range from -20°C to +50°C without any appreciable change in batteries’ performance.
- Charge remain steady even after long period in stock, suggested temperature 20-30°C.
- Features of construction give to the batteries high capacity for rapid discharge with very good restarting in his working
Dimensions and weights of 12V 7Ah and 12V 9Ah batteries and all other lead-acid battery models are available on our website. If, on the other hand, you would like to know more about when and why to replace the batteries, visit our blog article.